AR-Encap is a comprehensive joint support formula that goes beyond simple glucosamine supplementation.* This formula supplies 1,500 mg of glucosamine sulfate (suggested use – 4 capsules twice daily), which is the amount used in the majority of studies – in combination with joint-supporting nutrients and botanicals.*
In a study of healthy subjects with mild knee soreness, bromelain supplementation resulted in significant improvement with both 200-mg and 400-mg daily doses.1* Joint mobility was also improved.*
Curcumin, the principal polyphenol in the Indian spice turmeric, exerts antioxidant effects.* Curcumin Phytosome is a compound containing curcumin and phosphatidylcholine. This compound has significantly better absorption than ordinary curcumin and helps maintain a healthy cytokine balance throughout the body.*
Glucosamine provides significant joint support, as evidenced by numerous clinical studies. Methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM), also known as dimethyl sulfone and methyl sulfone, is an organic, sulfur-containing compound that occurs naturally in a variety of plants, and provides additional joint support.
Boswellia appears to inhibit the activity of lipoxygenase enzymes, thus promoting a healthy cytokine balance throughout the body.* A study of curcumin and boswellia found significant support of normal joint mobility in the group taking the botanical formula.2*
1. Walker AF, et al. Phytomedicine 2002;9:681-686.
2. Kizhakkedath R. Mol Med Rep 2013;8:1542-1548.
- Glucosamine demonstrates significant potential for joint support, as evidenced by numerous clinical studies.*
- Methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM) helps support joint integrity and mobility.*
- Bromelain has been shown to support joint comfort and mobility.*
- Thorne's Meriva® ingredient – curcumin bound to phospholipids – and boswellia both exert an antioxidant effect and help maintain a healthy cytokine balance.*